Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Back in Tech Support.


The dispatch gig is over. They found someone to cook the books. I asked my soon-to-be ex-manager if I could go back to my old gig.

"Don't you want to go into the new project?"

"Fuck, no! I don't know how to fix that product yet. Let me stay in the old project as long as I can."


So I might get 3 weeks out of it if I am lucky. By then I will have the program on my computer and I will have a couple weeks to mess around with it.

Anyway, my first night back in the old job. And I had forgotten how much I love it. Customers think I am a genius, and I don't have to be.

Thank you for calling the Undisclosed Technical Support Team™ my name is blah blah blah...

"Um, it's not doing it now."

"Ok, so I will close the case, if it happens again, call back and we will reopen it."

"I can't believe this. While I was waiting 20 minutes on hold I clicked something and now the error is gone."

"It's the inspirational hold music."

"Huh?"

"The hold music is so bad, that you will do anything to distract yourself from listening to it. In this case, you fixed your own issue."

"Oh, I get it. Inspirational hold music."

"Exactly."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That explains.... so much....

Why my anger has always gone by the time India finally answers...

Anonymous said...

LOL

Yes and you are so relieved someone finally answered.

Just imagine the reaction I get when I answer the phone...speaking, well, we call it the Queen's English as opposed to 'American'.