Tuesday, March 20, 2007


They call me MOOS
Title will make no sense to anyone outside the company or under 30.

Looks like I have been spared the humiliation of failing at connecting people to the internet on a daily basis. I found out today that I will be working on the one remaining tech project in the center. This means 3 weeks of training starting next Monday.
BIG GIANT HEAD: "Evel, this means you will have been trained for every project in this joint except Broad Band."

ME: "Betcha I could take that call too. I am working on making myself indispensable. You will never get rid of me."

MANAGER: "Congratulations on beating out quite a few other people for the position, there is still quite a list that didn't make it."

ME: "Don't be too impressed. I just know where all the bodies are buried."

I really didn't think I was going to be selected for the project. The Big Giant Head was suspicious of me. After all, I did just happen to have my resume ready the same day they announced we would be working for the Undisclosed Internet Service Provider™. I do have my sources, and I was totally prepared for it. I gave my resume to my manager, about an hour before the meetings started. I did not figure he would be so prompt in doing my bidding that he would immediately walk it down to the Big Giant Heads office.
BIG GIANT HEAD:He looks at me sideways."Are you trying to tell me you just happen to carry around an updated resume in your pocket?"

ME: Angelic look on my face. "I swear to you, it is absolutely coincidental."

BIG GIANT HEAD: "Bullshit." He was not convinced.

He probably thinks I bugged his office.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you?! LMAO.

Evel said...

I'll never tell.