Thursday, March 22, 2007

By George! I think he's got it!

John Chow of John Chow dot Com has a clever thing going on. He has initiated a Review My Blog for a free linkback promotion.

His goal is to have his site ranked first on Google for a specific set of search words, specifically “make money online”. He is offering to link to your blog if you review his blog. Making sure that the anchor term "make money online" is in the text.

I think it is a neat idea. After four days he is on page 1 of Google.com for the term “make money online”.

So I guess it was a success. What will he think of next? I can't wait to see.

4 comments:

Eric Brooks said...

Absolutely brilliant.

It's search engine optimization (SEO) 101. On your site you use your keywords in title and header tags, and on outside sites you have people link to you with specific words in anchor links.

I did that recently with Web Designers in the Poconos, and now look at me beating all the big boys in my town. heh heh!!!!

Anonymous said...

I saw your review on John Chow's site today and wanted to know if you would be interested in a review exchange. Please visit my site for for review exchange rules, let me know if you are interested in a review exchange.

Anonymous said...

This is just a general comment. I found your site from John Chow's latest "batch" and I wanted to tell you I find your writing very good and interesting. Nice job! What's your MyBlogLog handle? I'll come join your community. Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Nice review, I am sure John will appreciate it. Did you notice a traffic increase since the review?