Sunday, July 21, 2002


I walk. TO THE CAR! That's it!

The concert was a complete success. The aftermath however, sucked!

The warm up band for Dr. Hook was fabulous. I can't remember their name, they played Celtic Rock and really got the place going.

When Dr. Hook finally took the stage, I think people were shocked. Although I can't imagine why.

Dr. Hook was big in the early 70's so it stands to reason that they would be really old now. The lead singer Ray Sawyer came out on stage and the only way you would know it was him was the eyepatch. He had long white hair and a long white beard. The man is 65 this year.

But once he opened his mouth? Well let me just say, I am horse now from screaming and we were so close to the stage that my ears were ringing all day.

Now after the concert was a different story. We thought we would be smart and call a cab and walk one street over to meet it. Since there were so many people standing around outside waiting for a cab. Well I guess more people had the same idea. After waiting for over an hour, the "group" decides to walk to a friends house nearby and call again.

After about a block, I lose my mind and switch to bitch mode. I am NOT a walker. I walk to the car and that is it.

"Evel, it's just one more street over."
"Listen to me people. I am 37, I own a car, I have money......I DO NOT WALK."

I think they threw themselves in front of the next cab we saw, just to shut me up.

Works for me. ;-)

No comments: