Wednesday, July 17, 2002


On the cover of the rollin' stone.

I am starting to get excited. And I am probably dating myself here, but I we are getting geared up to go see Dr. Hook Friday night. I plan on getting shitfaced and making an ass of myself. Shouldn't be too hard.

I find that (in my old age) I am getting very nostalgic. I am collecting albums now, everything that I used to listen to when I was a kid. Bay City Rollers was the first album I got off of ebay. I was so excited when I got it in the mail. I had to buy one for my friend along with Shaun Cassidy, and Elvis.

I am also getting weird with my album selections, everything from Donny Osmond (old stuff) to Meatloaf. And I have become fascinated with 78 RPM records. Mostly big band and Broadway musical stuff from the 40's and 50's. My current collection is about 200 albums.

The most interesting thing about it is that I don't own a record player. My son says "You know you can download that stuff from the internet", but there is something about vinyl albums, the feel of them. You just can't get that from cd's or downloading from the internet.

I suppose I should get myself a record player, but it isn't the listening to the music so much as the look of the albums, and the memories they invoke.

I also bought a Dr. Hook album, I wonder if it is too corny to take it with me and get an autograph? Ya, your right....way too corny.

No comments: