Saturday, July 13, 2002


Blah! Blah! Blah!

I just need to say �God bless the person who came up with �blah blah blah��. And God bless the wind bags who have adopted it as standard practice.

I can remember the days when you had to listen to all the gory, boring details of someone�s story. It was usually someone who thought they were much more interesting than they actually were. You couldn�t possibly interrupt them because clearly they are enjoying the telling of the story. Because of their enthusiasm, you keep thinking it must be going to get better in the very next sentence. It doesn�t.

Meet that same person now:

�How you doing?�

�Got married, couple of kids, blah blah blah, divorced. How about you?�

What about those people who haven't� embraced blah blah blah or its old standby �yadda yadda yadda�? Fear not. We now have a weapon. Another ingenious invention, its called �Anyway!�

Stops them in their tracks.

Of course I, being a complete bitch, realize that I am losing precious BigBrother watching time, when forced to listen to some long winded tale. So I have made it standard practice to just give them �the hand� and say:

�Does this story have a point? I�m growing old over here.�

Luckily, I am not the kind of person who needs a lot of friends and the ones I do have understand that I have absolutely no patience.


No comments: