Monday, June 23, 2008

Times they are a changing.

First up, Weight Watchers.

I am starting to look the same coming as going, if you catch my drift. Put another way? I can safely park in the expectant mothers space at the mall without fear of reprisal. I have probably gained 20 pounds since I started working from home.

My back hurts, my sides hurt, my feet hurt. Everything hurts now. Don't even get me started on the FCS. I figure I am carrying around at least an extra person in weight and my joints are not impressed.

Ever hear the expression, "Inside every fat chick there is a skinny one trying to get out"? I know she is in there...because I ate her.

So that's it.....I am joining. Nurse Darling and I took one look at each other tonight and said, "Fuck it, let's do it."

Don't get me wrong, I know that diets do not work. But Weight Watchers does. And I has absolutely nothing to do with counting points or the meal plans. Everyone who is not a complete idiot knows what not to eat.

The key to WW is the woman. You know who I am talking about, the lifer that puts you on the scale every week and gives you that sympathetic look, "Awe sweety, you gained a pound."

She is your will power. She will be that voice in the back of your head that keeps you from eating that candy bar. It is the dread of hearing those 6 words that will prevent you from polishing off that pizza.

And of course the competition when you join with a friend, bonus. I am going to post my weight and progress on the bottom of my blog. (what about you ND?)

Ok, Nurse Darling....it is on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Eva!! I'll be joining you no doubt when I get back from Ontario... I have a Dr's appt two days after I get home... I'm sure he'll be giving me shit!

Unknown said...

Nifty!

Keep us posted. (Hey, are you gonna eat that?)