Saturday, June 28, 2008

"De minimis non curat lex"

- the law does not concern itself with trifles.

I beg to differ.

Take this ridiculous news story that is making the rounds. Like something out of a sitcom.

A 12 year-old Quebec girl sues father over grounding.


And they wonder why kids are the way they are today. It is because today's tree-hugging, politically correct society is teaching kids that there are no consequences for their actions.

And now they want to make it illegal for parents to discipline their children. These people that are supposedly in place to protect children, I wonder.
Foundation for Children, Youth and the Law (FCYL), that worked so doggedly to make it illegal for loving parents to spank their children is the very same group that successfully worked to make it legal for a stranger to sodomize a 14-year-old!

Do they even read their own memos?

I don't even know what this idiot is trying to say.
The comments posted by a great many readers in reference to the anti-spanking bill suggest that physical punishment has been the personal experience of many adults during their own childhood. The common sentiment is that it can't be so bad if they turned out OK.

We did turn out ok. And I bet you that anyone who tells you they were spanked as a child, can also tell you that they can count on one hand how many times they got spanked, and have fingers left over.

That is because spanking taught us that there were consequences to bad behavior.

For a supposedly educated group of people, they don't seem to be able to recognize the difference between discipline and abuse. I didn't go to college, but I can tell you I know the difference.

Is there such a shortage of work in the legal profession that they have to take on a 12 year old kid having a snit fit?

The lawyer, Lucie Fortin, defended her decision to take this case by claiming the camping trip — a common year-end activity across the country for students in their final year of elementary school — was a rite of passage. “This was something that would never happen again in the child’s life. And for me that was really important … This was not a question of going to the movies or not, or going online or not — because obviously, I wouldn’t have intervened in that.


Obviously, cuz that would be stupid. Are you kidding me? I don't know about you but I can smell a cheap publicity stunt a mile away. It's a freaking camping trip, not a moon landing.

And just how does a 12 year old get a lawyer? Why her brain-dead mother takes her to one, that's how. Congratulations, Mom, you have all the future makings of a crack whore right there. Never mind that she is posting lewd pictures of herself on the internet, let her express herself however she feels fit. Take a bow.

I hope for that child's sake her father does get custody of her, cuz I can tell you her mother is not doing her any favors.

If she even makes it to high school without an STD, she can look forward to ending up like one of these idiots.

Teen ‘pregnancy pact’ has US town reeling in shame.

This one almost makes me laugh. Cuz I can see the future, and those kids are getting the best punishment ever. "Well you got pregnant when you were 14, Mom, I don't see the big deal."

That is karma, Baby!

No comments: