Monday, June 30, 2008

What kind of friend are you?


Bunnie and I were having a conversation about just that today. I was listening to this song



and I believe that that is the kind of friend I am. Not a push over, don't get me wrong, if you were to ask me for something stupid I would tell you to pound sand. But if you are ever in trouble, call and I will be there. Someone you can count on.

What I believe is that if you are not that kind of friend, then you are just an acquaintance. However, if an acquaintance asked, I would be there too. I don't seem to discriminate.

I guess when you are that kind of person, you don't have to really try to make friends, people gravitate to that, as well they should. I'm not sure if it is just our generation, but Bunnie's daughter (The Lump) does not have those kinds of friends. As proven by the ones who left her to wander drunk in the snow. Back in my day, we never left anyone behind, not even the ones we didn't particularly care for.

When asked why I was given such a great opportunity (new job), I had to say I didn't really know. I don't know what it is, but people like me. Not always with good cause, in my opinion, but they do. Maybe I give off that 'kind of friend you want' vibe, even when I am informing them that they are being idiots.

I don't know. You will have to ask them.

So, what kind of friend are you?

No comments: