Thursday, June 1, 2006

Stupidity, not just for American's anymore.


I was reminded of a conversation I had with my friend a few years ago.

She was shopping in the states and apparently was having car trouble. She decided to call me from the road, I think she was in Maine.

FRIEND: We hit a pothole and bent the rim on the tire, we gotta get it replaced before it totally fails on us.
ME: Ok, and your calling me why?
FRIEND: I need you to check the internet for the nearest Canadian Tire.
(I waited for her to correct herself, she did not just say Canadian Tire.)
ME: I don't have to check.
FRIEND: Don't fuck around, this is serious. We are in Buttfuck nowhere, Maine. Where is the nearest Canadian Tire.
ME: Uh, I would have to say ... Canada.

This is where her brain caught up to her mouth. After a stream of obscenities I found her a tire place in Maine.

I am sure she said something to the effect of 'let us never speak of this again'. But funny shit needs to be recorded for posterity. It's like a law or something.

7 comments:

dorna! said...

Heh. Awww come on, cut her some slack. It might have been all that foreign air. Seeps into the brain pan 'n does stuff. :P

Camille said...

*can't say anything, too busy laughing*

Anonymous said...

lmfao

Anonymous said...

Jesus tap dancing Christ, I haven't been here in weeks, I come back and now you're calling us Americans stupid. Ok, maybe most of them are. Not me though dammit.

Anonymous said...

what's with the new eyes?

Evel said...

Experimenting.

Buffy said...

Ditto on the recording of funny.