Monday, July 18, 2005

Scheduling brilliance!


Last night I get to work (at 3pm) only to find that by 7:30pm I would be one of only two agents working. WTF?

Who's brilliant idea was that? And I was off at 11pm so the other poor soul (Kay) would be there all by herself till 1am.

Needless to say, I stayed till one. You got to wonder who, in upper management, lied on their resume. Organizational skills, my ass!

The TM on duty called the Big Giant Head to see if he could ask some agents to stay for OT, but she conveniently didn't call back until all the others had left. 'I could stay if I wanted to', she says. 'Yes, she knew it would only be us two', she says, but she thought I was on till one. WHAT? She thought two agents were plenty to take care of all business calls in North America? I was NOT impressed.

I ended up taking 106 calls and Kay took almost 80. If you called in last night, I apologize, but I was just rounding them up and shipping them out. No extra chatting, no going above and beyond. Everyone got the bum's rush.

And another thing...


It had to be that way, cuz we were working the professional line, and of those 106 calls I took last night, maybe 20 were professionals. All the others were calling after hours for personal support. And they weren't getting the whole "we're closed" thing. Some people can be so thick sometimes.

ME: "Thank you for calling the Undisclosed Customer Service Center�? my name is blah blah blah..."
CUSTOMER: "Ya, I can't get this program to work." It's Me.dia Pl.ay.er. Groan!
ME: "Consumer support is closed for the evening, if you would like to call back in the morning, someone should be able to help you."
CUSTOMER: "So here's the thing..." He starts babbling about his issue.
ME: "Sir, I am not a technician..."
CUSTOMER: "Ok, I need a technician."
ME: "As I said that department is closed, if you would like to call back in the morning..."
CUSTOMER: "No I need to talk to one tonight, I will pay..."
ME: "I am sorry, but I can't charge you, there is no one here that can help, they all went home."
CUSTOMER: "So you won't help me? I paid a lot of money for this software and you are telling me that you will not support it?"
ME: "No, that is not what I said, I told you that that department is closed, everyone in that department clocked out 4 hours ago and went home."
CUSTOMER: "But your there, why are you answering the phone if you can't help customers?"
ME: "You have reached the professional group, we handle tech support for professional products."
CUSTOMER: "So you lied, there are techs on duty, you just won't send me to one."
ME: "Yes there are techs here, they are trained in professional products, if you had a professional product I could get you through to a technician. It would require the use of a support account or a credit card charge. The charge for professional support is two hundred and forty five dollars." That shut him up.
CUSTOMER: "That is so unfair!"
ME: "What is so unfair, if your tech support cost $245, you would have 24 hour service. But yours is free, so you have to call back during support hours. It's simple."
CUSTOMER:"Ok, well let me ask you this...."
Ok, this has gone on long enough, I am in Q and I don't have time for you...< - CLICK - >

And how was your night?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had better not have been yanked back to deal with that kind of bull $hit again

Anonymous said...

sorry, but yes you were ;-)LOL