Sunday, July 31, 2005

Can you say, "Four days off" ?

That's right, I got the backshift. 1am till 2pm, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. 13 hour shifts but 4 days off.

Initailly I was not on the list. But I poked and bitched and whined until I got what I wanted. The best part about it is that the other shifts will start on Thursday, so the Extrememly Huge Head said we could come in and listen to calls and the Undisclosed Computer Software Company™ would foot the bill. So we will be able to hear some live calls without being at all responsible for them. And get paid.
-- insert evil grin --

And another thing...

I was up all last night studying, got to sleep about 5:30am. I get up at 9 to pee and hear the downstairs neighbor yelling through the connecting door. "EVEL! THE BUG GUY IS HERE TO SPRAY!"

FUCK! Thanks for the advanced warning.

Guess I forgot to mention that I had been having an ant problem since I moved in here. I was hoping that the destruction of the old rotting deck would take care of the problem but I woke up one day last week to this.

And these are just the ones I caught on film before most had scurried away. EEEWW!

So the boy and I had to find somewhere to go for a few hours. Since I am not ever off on the weekends, I had no idea where that would be. Finally we headed out to my brothers. The boy snuck off to a bedroom and went back to sleep and I visited with my brothers fiance. By the time it was safe to go back home I was ready to crash and barely made it in the door. Made a B-line for the bedroom and dropped dead.

Got back up at 7, drove the boy to meet his friend and got back to studying.

I am such a wild and crazy gal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

study? it's open book. i only wish the books were on CD so i could just ctrl+F everything instead of actually turning the page...lmao