Friday, July 29, 2005

"Stand back, and make sure you are wearing your protective goggles."


I think I might get through this training as long as my head doesn't explode.

The Extremely Huge Head announced that we are doing so well he has decided we will hit the floor next week. If you only knew the amount of information there is you would understand what he said next.

He looks at me, "Are you ok?"

I was purple. I could literally feel my blood rushing through my veins. All I could think was, 'How the hell am I going to retain all this information?' There are a kazillion developer products and at that moment I could not tell you what one of them were.

Then the trainer let us listen to some calls. Whew!

I think if I can just get past the written tests I will be ok. I totally suck on paper. On paper I second guess myself, but I can bluff the shit out of a phone call if I have to.

The coolest thing about this new job is the power. In CC and in Pro, we did a lot of complaining about the techs. They liked to refuse to take calls, they would send customers back to CC if they thought they were misrouted. Customers could end up talking to 6 people before they actually got their issue resolved. (usually by the first group they had been transferred to.)

But with this job we will be taking the customer to the tech. Explaining the issue and taking names. When we are done with a customer we will know that that customer will be helped and by whom. And if the tech refuses? God help them!

"Ah, you don't want to take this case? Oops, I just assigned it to you. You think it belongs somewhere else? Hold please, I will get that tech on the line and the two of you can fight it out amongst yourselves. B-Bye!"

This is going to be cool!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Devoloper tools! Uh oh, sounds like a lot of calls from nasal sounding geeks; "uh..snort..I got an error--null array at line c--what's that mean?" as you try to figure out what language he is speaking, and/or programming.

Don't worry about customers getting transferred 6 times before getting the right person, that happens at every call centre, it's part of the corporate conspiracy to assail you with so many help-options that you never get help! :)

Sorry Eva, It's just that I've lost that corporate lovin' feelin'.

Anonymous said...

so many payment options, so many products, 27x7 or business-hours-only support? contract or account? omg omg omg my head is going to blow... send me back to my one product queue with the redneck customers...lolol

Anonymous said...

But I am pretty sure that since these people pay $50,000 for support I will not hear the words "My puter is broke."

Can't wait.

Anonymous said...

this is true...lol