Monday, April 19, 2004

China calling.


This call came in Sunday night, at about 10:30 Atlantic Standard Time.

"Thank you for calling the Undisclosed Customer Service Center�, my name is blah blah blah...."

"Yes, I was supposed to get a callback on my case, and I never got it."

I get the case number and bring it up. "It says you are scheduled for a callback on Monday, April 19 at 8:30am."

"Ya, It's after 6 and I never got it." He is flipping.

"Yes but this is Sunday, you are scheduled for Monday."

"It is Monday where I am."
Maybe I am missing something. Just because you say it, doesn't make it so. This guy is getting very upset with me.

"No, this is the 18th."

"Ya, and I never got my callback."

"Sir you are scheduled for Monday the 19th, this is Sunday the 18th."
Maybe I am missing something. "Where are you calling from?"

"Arizona. AND I AM TELLING YOU IT IS PAST 6, MONDAY NIGHT!"

"Well Sir I am on Atlantic Standard time, and it is Sunday, April 18th 10:30 PM. In order for it to be Monday where you are, you would have to be calling from China."


Wait for it...........................< CLICK >

I know Arizona is on its "own" time, but you can't just pick a day.

No comments: