Sunday, April 9, 2006

Bon Voyage, Judith.


I get up this morning. (ok, it was more like noon) I figured I would give them the benefit of the doubt and assume someone took care of our scheduling problem.

Ya, right. What the hell was I thinking?

So, I go to work on any TM that is on messenger. Bitching and moaning, trying to kick start someone. Here is a conversation with one of the TM's.
ME: did anyone try and get someone else to work tonight?
TM: else?
TM: what is the problem
ME: its just me and Judith scheduled
ME: oh, and Brian
TM: brian and marc
ME: really? would that be the same brian who has been in the hospital for the past month
TM: lol
ME: wait a minute....mark who?
ME: oh, you mean the other person who has been off sick for the past month?
ME: and its judiths last night, so that leaves just me next weekend? anyone doing ANYTHING about that?
TM: i'll look into to
TM: but there were only 3 scheduled for tonight to begin with
TM: jennifer is on, she can take calls with you (she is another TM)
ME: has jennifer ever taken a call before? are there any pro's on tonight?
TM: nope
TM: none
TM: all day
TM: just in india
ME: do they really wonder why morale is low?
ME: does this not seem wrong to you in any way? or is it just because it is me saying it?
ME: is anyone going to do anything before next week when it is JUST me?
ME: I will tell you what.......if it is not fixed next week, and you think it's going to be JUST me? I WILL be sick. I feel a fever coming on right now.

I think the vision of having to call in TM's to strap on their fucking headsets to take calls has inspired him.

"I will see what I can do." Much better than 'I'll look into it.'

Well, when I got in there, TM was there to greet me.

Expecting the worst, I ask, "So, how did you make out?"

"The two guys in workforce management have been fired."


Holy shit! He is good. Wait a min...he's not that good."Really?"

"No, not really. But I did get one person to come in tonight and I am working on a couple more."
He is very proud of himself for making a funny.

Great, now I can go have my coffee and not worry. As I leave, I throw this over my shoulder. "I know you can do it, TM, I have faith in you."

"You do?"
He is stunned.

I can't maintain the sincerity, "Uh, ya. Whatever gets 'er done."

And he did come through. With two people. So Judith and I were not swamped all night. We actually had a pretty good night. As TM left for the evening he came over for his pat on the head.

"I have to say, TM, that I am actually impressed. I appreciate what you did. Good job."

"Your being sarcastic."

"No, I am genuinely impressed. You were not the only TM that I harassed today, but you are the only one who got off their ass and did something. I appreciate it."


And I meant it.

So, Judith and I finally get out of there and as we are leaving, one of the TM's says, "Good luck, Judith, hope to see you back here again."

I couldn't resist a reply, in my best tortured voice, "OH,MY GAWD! How could you say such a thing to her? Why don't you just kick her dog on the way out!"

Thank you, I am here all week. Tip your waitress.

No comments: