Tuesday, June 1, 2004

Small world, and getting smaller.


Last night was a bitch, literally. I was getting all the dregs of society. All the knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, banjo playing, absolute lowest common denominator of this god-forsaken planet.

My co-workers were keeping a wide birth, the look on my face said, "Would someone please jab me in the eye with an ice pick." At one point I was literally banging my head on the desk.

I was trying to give this guy a product key and he was repeating every single letter back to me, and then after every set of five he was repeating that back to me, and when the key was done he was repeating the whole thing back to me. He did this twice, once when he was actually typing it in and again when he was writing it down for "future reference". Holy fuck, why would he have to write it down, after making me commit it to memory?

The other half of my calls were from [ SP ENTITLE ]. You know we used to bitch about having to call this Q, that all the agents were assholes, now I understand why. I will never call them that again.

So I am at the end of my proverbial rope when [ SP ENTITLE ] comes up on my phone.

"Thank you for calling the Undisclosed Customer Service Center� my name is Evel, may I have your name please?"

"Yes this is mm from blah blah." Hmmmmm wonder if it is the same mm? If it is she will recognize my name and ask me.

"You said your name was Evel?" It is her."Hi, mm. Yes, it is who you think it is."

Mm is a regular reader of this and another site I post on. We met when she recognized references to Undisclosed Customer Service Center� and thought maybe we worked in the same building. Upon further examination we figured out, she is an SP in the US where I regularly send our customers. Have seen her name on many cases. How's that for small world?

So, last night, she needs to redirect (legitimately, I might add) a customer and out of all the CSR's she gets me. That just made my night and I actually put the ice pick away.

And the world just keeps getting smaller and smaller.

No comments: