Saturday, June 19, 2004

Lord, give me strength.


Thank you for calling the Undisclosed Customer Service Center�...blah blah blah.

The woman on the other end, Maria, is very upset. She can't get on the internet. She is with Ne.tz.er.o, when she tries to get on the internet it tells her she has to have AOhelL. Throughout her long and boring story she does not mention one MS product. When I try and find out what MS product she is using she is notforthcomingg. Perhaps I can get her to walk through the process and see if she is using MSIE.

"Ok, what do you click on to get on the internet."

"Ne.tz.er.o."
Ok, that didn't work.

"But once you get online do you use MSIE to surf?"

"No. It's Ne.tz.er.o."

"Ok, Maria, but this is MS. If I can't determine you are having a problem with a MS product, I can't help you. Let's go through the steps and see if you are. Click on the icon you use to connect to the internet."

"I can't touch the computer, I am on the phone."

"That's fine, it won't connect but I need you to do it."

"NO! I can't touch it, I am on the phone."

"Maria, it won't connect to the internet but I need you to open that program or we can't go any further."

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, you are making me feel like an idiot!"
Your kidding right? "I CAN'T TOUCH THE COMPUUUUUUUUTERRRRRR, I AM ON THE PHOOOOOOONNNNNE!" She is not kidding. She is bawling. This woman makes dirt seem intelligent.

After swearing to her that nothing catastrophic was going to happen if she clicked on that icon, she finally agreed. I had an evil grin on my face, if it was the last thing I did, I was going to get her through to a technician here. A couple weeks in this Q and I have a mean streak a mile long. I wish I could be a fly in the cubiclel of the tech that gets her. I just know I am going to hell.

No comments: