Sunday, March 9, 2003


That's my boy!

The boy had his final hockey game tonight and (you guessed it) he got a goal. They won the game 2-1. He finished the season as top goal scorer for his team and 5th in the league. I am so proud I could bust. Incidently, his father didn't see one game this year. (asshole!)

You have to see mothers at a hockey game to appreciate it. Normally sane, well adjusted women become bloodthirsty and obnoxious. The boy was struck in the arm with a slap shot and was taken off his feet. At that point his 75 year old Catholic granny stood up and screamed,

"Blow the damn whistle Ref!" (yes, she prays to God with that mouth)

The boy was then checked hard against the boards and fell like a rag doll, it was his sainted mother's turn to stand up and scream,

"Shake it off, boy, get after that puck!" (hey, at least I didn't curse)

I don't know what I will do now that hockey season is over. It was my only social life. I don't do bars and my friends are married and boring. Well, at least there is baseball to look forward to, but after a season of checking I am not sure baseball will do it for me. Maybe I can talk the boy into football, or rugby.

No comments: