Saturday, March 22, 2003


Mostly thinking out loud.

Well I got in contact with the person who designed this template. She of course wants to get paid for altering her original design. Well she made it sound so easy, I decided to investigate.

{Open Source Code}

Ah....what's this? femstyle.css? Looks like that is what is running this whole show.

{Search - css)

Says here I can make myself a template and change the style of the page at will by changing the style sheet. Hmmm. This is very cool. Why didn't anyone tell me about this? We'll talk later.

I am 2 hours into it and I have decided that I can learn how to do this and I will do this, myself. What I really need to know is if I can totally do my own blog template without using bloggers. Anyone? I think I can.

The only thing is, I really like the eye and lip graphic on the left. If I can only find something similar that I can tweak I will be all set. Again, anyone who see's one in their travels, let me know.

So basically I need to create an html document that is a table with two columns? First column is two rows in first row is graphic, second is links. the second column is my blogger content, with a background. Does that sound right? Hmmmm. I should open this is in front page to see how this is put together. Ok, wrong, three columns the third is empty except for the background (purple hazzy thing)

I think I can do this. Just have to remember to save old template. Just in case I totally fuck this whole thing up.

Wish me luck, or better yet, get off your ass and help me.

No comments: