Friday, August 8, 2008

A ringing endorsement?

I ran into one of my former co-workers from the Undisclosed Customer Service Center™ at the grocery store. (We will call her 'Brandy') She was saying how much she enjoys the blog (but never seems to comment..grrr). As we are at the checkout, she tells me that she was reading it one day and laughing, when a guy that shares the office with her comes over to see why.

"He asked what you were like and if you were single."

I roll my eyes. "Good God, I just got rid of one man in my house. Wait a minute, does he have money?"

"Well, I don't know."

"Suppose he at least has a job, that's something. Wait, is he cute?"


Brandy giggles, "Um, I do know he has a lot of air miles."

I address the cashier who has been listening to the exchange, "That would be the male equivalent of 'she's got a great personality'."

Shame, they can't even say that much about me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I TOLD you your talent is wasted!!!!!!!!!! 'Bout time with the Mr. Barter gig :D God you make me laugh Eva!!!!!!!! *MORE MORE MORE MORE*