Monday, October 13, 2003

What do you want for nothing?


Thank you for calling Undisclosed Customer Service Center� my name is blah blah blah�

�I am trying to install this upgrade and I am getting an error message�

�What is the error message you are getting?�

�Product A cannot find a qualifying product on drive C�

�And do you have a previous version installed?�

�No, I threw it away, but this should work.�

�No sir, what you purchased is an upgrade. It is looking for a previous version to upgrade.�

�But this should have the whole version on it.�

�No sir, it is an upgrade.�
I get him to read the disc, it clearly states that this software will search your system for a qualifying product.

�So, I have to go out and spend another $400 and get a full version?�

�Well sir, if you purchased the upgrade it was only $240, that�s why it wasn�t $400 it is not the full version, it is only an upgrade. If you like you can get your money back for the upgrade and purchase the full version.�

�Like Bill doesn�t have enough money he needs to force us to buy a full version of this?�
Oh ya, he�s like the mafia that way.

�Actually sir, Bill is giving people who previously purchased a full version of the software a break by selling them an upgrade at a reduced price.�

�That doesn�t make sense. All the software should be full versions. Upgrades should have the full version of the software.�
This guy is stomping all over my last nerve. I am so not in the mood for this.

�That doesn�t make sense sir. If you threw away your car and then turned around and bought new tires for that car, would you expect to still be able to drive the car?�

�That doesn�t make sense.�
Is he seriously listening to what he is saying?

�Well those are your options sir.�

�Well those options suck, I should be able to install this software. But it doesn�t surprise me that you people would force me to buy something else. �

THAT IS IT! �No one is forcing you to do anything sir, it is totally your decision to buy the software or not.�
I am sure Bill will not go hungry if you don�t.

He starts to curse and hangs up the phone.

�Thank you for calling the Undisclosed Customer Service Center�, you have a nice day now.�


No comments: