Wednesday, September 26, 2007

SLOOOOOOWWW BURN!

First bad day of training and it had nothing to do with training.

There are 13 people in the class, most of them have worked for the Undisclosed Internet Service Provider™ for the last 7 months. That being said, they already know how to troubleshoot internet issues from the ISP side.

I, however, do not. Input is one thing, but yesterday? All I heard was 'we did it this way' or 'we used to do it that way'.

I DON'T GIVE A SWEET FLYING FUCK HOW YOU DID IT. I AM TRYING TO LEARN HOW THESE PEOPLE DO IT!

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

They tried to play a service call so we could hear how it goes. Well, at least I think it was a call. I can't be sure because one or two of the former ISP people (those that could not or would not see that I was in a slow burn) would not shut the fuck up so I could hear it.

One of the trainers noticed my displeasure. "What do you think?"

"Sorry, but I never heard a word of that call."
From the tone of my voice, it should have been blatantly obvious that I was pissed that I couldn't hear the call and unless you were a total retard you could guess 'why' I couldn't hear it.

Unfortunately there is one kid in class that has a huge superiority complex. Lets call him 'Wally'. I am sure he believes that he is doing us a favor by spouting his opinion and that we wait with bated breath for the next pearl of wisdom that he deems us worthy to receive. In my case? He is so fucking wrong.

I kid you not, if I hear 'At the Undisclosed ISP™ we used to ...' I will snap someones neck!

At the end of class the trainer stops me, "If you want to move up to the front so you can hear..."

"I'm not deaf. I am irritated."
He looks at me, not sure what to say but he totally understands why. "No worries, I will take care of it, I am planning to beat him to death in the parking lot."

He was already in his car on his way out of the parking lot when I got out there. But I will take care of it today.

I will have a word with him.

3 comments:

Camille said...

uh oh ... i sense a small pine box in the offing ... =D

Anonymous said...

Uh oh! I think he better watch his back, hehe.

I hear they have a pretty cool center up there, though. Quite different atmosphere, from what i hear!

Anna

Anonymous said...

LMAO I have a feeling I know who you are referring to perhaps... hehe