Thursday, September 6, 2007

2007: A Backpack Odyssey?

I just figured out how to send messages from my cell phone to contacts on my messenger.

I know, we have had the technology for a while now, but I did not. Just call me HAL. This technology would have come in handy when I had to fly solo on a mission to pick out a backpack for The Boy.

"You know I have only the most enthusiasm and confidence in this mission, Dave."

The Boy sends me on this mission and sets me up for failure.

I have to first set the stage.

I am waiting for a call from Undisclosed Internet Service Provider™ about the job so I forward my home phone to my cell so I don't miss the call. This means that I cannot call home. With me so far?

Ok, so The Boy's mission? Get him a backpack. If any of you have a teenager, you know it is not that simple. You can't get a lame one, or a gay one, etc, etc, etc. So I grill The Boy for particulars.

"I want a Swiss backpack." Pretty specific. "Black, blue, anything but red."
Since he is so specific, it does not really register what he has said. I have the brand name in my head and I am off to Staples.

As soon as I locate the 'Swiss' backpacks the gravity of the situation hits me.
"Just what do you think you're doing, Dave? Dave, I really think I'm entitled to an answer to that question."

I am staring at this thing in disbelief. I can't believe he has done this to me.
My blood runs cold as I stare at the Swiss backpacks. Swiss, as in Swiss Army Knife.

STAPLES ONLY CARRIES THEM IN RED!
"There's been a failure in the pod bay doors. Lucky you weren't killed."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO. They don't realize just how much trouble they are to us!

I haven't even started on Sandy's shit yet. Still waiting for the list. They called him about 2 weeks ago and told him that the program they had originally gave him the go ahead on, was a no-go after all and he had to choose another one. Nice!

Sorry to hear whats happening on the recruiter end. Thought you guys would all be writing up your own PFO letters by now, LOL. Hang tough!!

Anna

Anonymous said...

BTW - Luv the DISCLAIMER!!! Too funny!

Anna