Saturday, April 28, 2007

He's off the market, girls.

My little brother is now safely hitched. Again.

I was roped into speaking during the reception. I walked back in from having a smoke at just the wrong moment. The bride's brother was speaking and just pretty much introduced me as I was coming in the door. Nice, subtle.

The look on my little brother's face was priceless though. He looked frightened. I don't know why? The crowd was looking at me like they expected it to be brilliant. I had to inform them that I was not prepared so they shouldn't expect much. Sorry, don't really remember what I said, but I was surprisingly mushy. Well, mushy for me, anyway.

The wedding was nice, the dinner was tasty and plentiful and, as luck would have it, I left the dance long before I was forced to snap the neck of some drunken nurse.

All in all? A successful event.

No comments: