Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Dude, I am not kidding!

When I say I am not a morning person, I am serious. I am not just cranky in the daytime, I cease to function properly when the huge orange ball is in the sky.

Yesterday I was sitting there minding my own business and my heart starting pounding out of my chest, then my eyes went blurry. One woman said 'oh, you are so pale' and two minutes later someone said, 'your face is so red'.

Now I am freaking out cuz I must really look bad if people are commenting, maybe I am taking a stroke?

My manager comes over to check on me, guess I must have freaked some people out. I went out and sat in the car for a bit, to get some air. I came back in and a few minutes later another manager came over to ask if I wanted to go lay down.

I wish I could describe it to you but it feels like I was drinking all weekend and showing up for work without any sleep. I felt ... seedy.

I tried to explain to them that you just can't take an old broad who is used to working 5pm -1am and expect her to be able to function properly in the light of day. And they had me scheduled for 9-5 for two weeks.

I went home early (about 3:30) and today when I showed up again at 9am I guess they figured I didn't look much better. They sent me home at noon, and told me that I could come in at 4:30pm tomorrow.

Thank Fuck! I honestly did not think I would make it.

I gotta go take a nap.

No comments: