Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Breaking up the monotony.


I was working my first Saturday in a while and I have to say, it was complete Bizarro World. As you may remember, I am back in Pro (As opposed to TR) and Pro is only open 6-6 PST M-F. So I am wondering what types of calls other than the legit ones (911) I might get. Since we are 'closed'.

For the first hour, it was nothing but redirects from 'technicians'. I put that in quotes because I am not sure where they were trained. I never get calls from any technician located on the same side of the planet as me. You get me? So, you can insert the proper accent for the following.

"The software is installed, the activation was successful but the customer is failing validation on the website. Can you give the customer a new key?"

"No."
Are you on crack? Are you even listening to what you are saying?

"Uh..."

"What is it telling you has failed?"
It's usually an activex control that wasn't installed.

"Uh..."

"You have taken him to the diagnostic site, right?"

"Uh..."
I give him the URL and thank him for playing.

NEXT

"This customer was locked in the activation screen."

"Ok."
While he is babbling I am checking the key he has added to his case notes.

"He did not have the original media, so he went out and bought the OS Home edition and when he enters the key it is saying it is invalid."

"It's not. I just checked it."

"Uh, but it is saying it is invalid, can you make a new key."

"No."

"Uh..."
For the love of God, this technician is supposed to be trained. In ONE product. If you only have to know one product, don't you think it would behoove you to know everything there is to know about that product?

"Ok, listen carefully. The key is valid for the software he purchased. However, I believe that the software he purchased does not match the software he has installed on the computer. What you need to do is bypass that screen, go into system properties and I bet you a hundred dollars that it will say 'OS Pro edition' in there. And if you check the product id, it will most likely be a pirated version."

"Really?"
I'm sorry, are you new?

"Yes, you can inform the customer that he will have to take the Pro off and install his legit Home edition."

"Thank you for your help."

"I live to serve."

And another thing...


They move me to TR after a bit. Thank God, but it is extremely slow. So boredom sets in, until 'they' start calling. There are only 3 of us in TR, so I am not sure what actual enjoyment they are getting out of this.

He has called 4 times already, but so far he has skipped me.

I see on the phone display he is calling from Europe. They are closed so it gets routed to us. I answer the phone, you can hear the music blaring, and at least 4 other guys laughing. He has a thick Russian accent, I ask for his name. He is babbling in Russian. Then he laughs, "Cook suka, mudda fuka." This is puts his friends into fits of laughter.

"Perhaps you should get a job, so you might have something more constructive to do on a Saturday night." I really don't think he understand English, I think his friends are just impressed he is saying this shit to an actual person. His mother must be so proud.

I transfer him to DE.LL and various other places, he calls about 15 times and I wanted to 'share' him with any other customer service companies that might be open today. That's just the kinda gal I am.

I wanted to transfer to Ap.ple, but they are closed on the weekend. Actually closed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lucky bastards...lol