Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Oh, the humanity!

I got a new bed the other day. I got rid of my old one, but had to spend one night without any bed at all.

Big deal, right? I'll just bunk on the couch for the night.

Holy shit was that ever a colossal mistake. There is a certain point in everyone's life where these decisions should be given a good deal more thought.

I woke up (insanely early) with pains in joints I didn't realize I had. How do you get a charlie horse in your ribs? What the hell is up with that? I think it might have more to do with my overall health and my affliction with FCS (Fat Chick Syndrome). When your a fat chick you can't just curl up in a ball on the floor like when you were 16. I even woke up in the trunk of a car once, curled around the beer cooler, and woke up fresh as a fuckin' daisy. Those days are so gone!

When I think back to all the places I woke up, I really know I have turned a corner. I may not yet be over the hill but I can definitely see the top, and there better be a Barcalounger ready for me when I get there, and a tank of oxygen.

1 comment:

dorna! said...

Throw in a chiropractor while you're at it. :P