Friday, November 6, 2009

Be all that you can be? Including a homicidal maniac.

I am sure you have all heard by now of the shootings at Fort Hood in Texas.

All I can say is ... that is some fucked up shit.

I am so glad that Fyr and Hubby are ok. Thank God for the internet. (well, sorta)

During the course of this whole thing some things struck me as, lets say, more fucked up than others.

1. Dude was a psychiatrist. Huh? Yah, first order of business, have all his patients reevaluated.

2. I was completely shocked when Situation Room was showing aerial photos from Google Earth of the military base. Live, close-up and in living color. Is it just me? Why can we see aerial photos of a military base but we can't take shampoo on a plane? Who the hell is in charge of their homeland security?

3. They say this nut was a Muslim all his life, and was protesting being deployed to Iraq because of religious reasons. What the fuck did he enlist for in the first place? It's not like the possibility of deployment would be a shocker. It's the military, not Duncan Donuts.

4. Drop the ball much? Apparently this crayon was under investigation for months for posting on websites that support suicide bombings and such. I would think the first thing I would do would be to disarm the idiot. But that is just me. You would think the military could vet these people a little better.

5. I finally had to turn off the TV coverage after seeing the video of him in his Arabic garb...they went to the fact that he was Muslim too quickly. I am sure it had less to do with his religion and more to do with the fact that he was a fucking asshole that used the military to get his education and then balked when his end of the bargain came to be claimed. Again...dude, not Duncan Donuts...no surprise.

I am sure this dead horse will be sufficiently beaten over and over in the coming days so I will just leave it at this.

For a country so supposedly patriotic, flag waving, yankee doodle dandy'ing. You would thing the American public would be more outraged. The military seems to treat their soldiers like factory workers. They aren't very choosy. In their rush to get enough bodies in uniform they fail to vet out the undesirables. Then when they are put out there in the world to kill or be killed and come back all fucked up? They are left to their own devises or treated by crayons like this Hasan dude.

People should really keep this in mind.

2 comments:

kelly said...

at least he's in texas so they can fry him

Camille said...

Thanks, Eva.

Ever eloquent.