Sunday, January 25, 2009

You have the right man, why does it matter?


I get it. You are all excited, history in the making and all that.

But everyone is acting like this is the first black guy to get a job.

I mean, hasn't this election proven that there was really nothing stopping you from having a black president except yourselves? If all you wanted was a black president, then you would have voted for Jesse Jackson. All you had to do was get out there and vote.

Maybe it is just me, but it seems like America is selling Obama a bit short. The media makes it sound like the only reason he got the job is because he is black.

America wanted the right person for the job, and I think they got him. It just so happens he is black.

2 comments:

That girl said...

So true...

Unknown said...

WOW...I can't beleive it....we have been friends since what...hum...they invented the bra and you and I fully agree on something!!! Lol... Let's hope he keeps his word...I watched his inauguration from a hotel in Halifax and cried me eyes out..went down to the lobby and you could hear a pin drop even though there were tons of ppl standing still watching it on the big screen....it was amazing!!