Monday, August 20, 2007

Scuse me while I kiss the sky ground.

I am not sure my nerves will survive teaching two new drivers to drive.

Took my friend Kimmy driving today. This is the third or forth time she has had a learners permit. She never quite makes it to the actual road test. She is 41 and has never had a license. I think The Boy is doing a lot better, only because when you are 16 you have no fear.

She is not comfortable driving in town yet, so we go mostly through the country, occasionally on some dirt roads. I am trying very hard to stay positive, telling her she is doing fine, trying not to freak her out. You know, so she doesn't wrap us around a tree.

"Do you think I am too close to the side of the road?"

"Uh, well, I shouldn't be able to pick flowers out of the ditch. So ya, you're a bit close."


Took me a minute to get my sea legs back, I was never so happy to get behind the wheel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.