Sunday, December 17, 2006

Wing night 2006 - Review

Wing night went fine. Although, I think age is starting to creep up on us.

T showed up right after work so I thought we might pace ourselves this time. (Last year we gorged all at once and made ourselves sick) So I started a batch as soon as she got there. So basically we ate at 6 and then again at 9. We listened to Christmas music while I cooked and old 70's cartoons while we ate.

I got the tree in from outside and stood it up, but never got around to decorating it. (it still sits, bare, in the corner)

By 11 o'clock, we were fading. After spending the month downloading every Christmas movie I could think of, we ended up only watching a couple of cartoons and one movie, Scrooged.

We did manage to get caught up with each others lives. We don't get to see each other that often, but we make a point to do this 'wing night' every year. It was nice.

So, today I started the baking. The mice are done, the cherry balls are all made (they just need to be chocolate covered) and the shortbread dough is ready for rolling tomorrow.

The boy is going to the semi-formal so I had to go to Sears with my soon-to-be sister-in-law, Debbie, and get him something to wear. Then I came home and watched a couple Christmas movies while I put the mice together.

Still not feeling the whole Christmas spirit thing, but I tried. I think it is because there is no snow, it was around 8 degrees (celsius) here today.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I wish it would snow.

I will tell you all about the great NetGear fiasco of 2006 in the next post. It was quite the experience with a tech support woman named Sharon (not her real name, but after trying to pronounce it 6 times, we settled on Sharon) from 'across the pond'.

No comments: