Monday, September 4, 2006

... the more they stay the same.


I had heard a vicious rumor last week that someone in our 'training' class applied for, and got, a team manager position. They did not have a name, just a description. Short, older, geeky looking. Describes most of upper management. I knew who they were talking about, but I was sure it was just a rumor.

Considering that everyone in the class except for me was straight off the street I was sure it was just a rumor so I did not go straight to the MO's and express my displeasure. After all, didn't we all hear the Manager of Operations (during his little speech in class) tell us that they always promote from within? I am pretty sure that tenure is a factor in the process, and this boy had two weeks. I was sure I did not need to 'have a talk' with anyone.

Fast forward to today. Kelly informs me she is sitting behind the new TM, staring at his little bald spot.

Well, for once I give management the benefit of the doubt and I am sorely disappointed.

I guess I will just have to request a 'smoke break' with the Big Giant Head to express my displeasure. I know how much he loves that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

update: overheard today that this "newbie" was involved in the cigna development and may have come from another site...now i'm off for two days so someone else has to dig lol