Wednesday, September 7, 2005

Selfless act of charity?

N.S. man preserves record of historic explosion.

Sounds like a good idea eh?

Well today there was a spot on tv about him. How he found the last resting place of a little girl who died that day and was buried in an unmarked grave. Well it is marked now thanks to him and a local funeral home. Sounds sweet, don't it?

Here's the catch. Along with the name of the little girl and of course the date of her death, the headstone has HIS name on it and the name of the funeral home. I kid you not! I wish I had a picture of it.

What the fuck is up with that? That is about the tackiest thing I think I have ever seen. I think the little girl and her family would just as soon leave her grave unmarked as have it be an advertising for a funeral home or an employment reference for some asshole genealogists.

What do you think?

1 comment:

part-time thinker said...

That's pretty tacky, and I've seen some pretty tacky things lately. Just saw a thing on television about people registering official sounding websites with the name 'Katrina' in the days before landfall, to steal donations. One even redirects to the Red Cross official site after you finish donating, so it really seems legit.