Thursday, September 15, 2005

I'm an astronaut and I own this bar...

Had my interview for the TM position today. I thought I would take a stroke, but I am ok. This being only the third interview I have ever had in my life.

The first was when I was in high school, and the interviewer was Japanese. Didn't go well since he didn't speak a word of English. Didn't get that job.

The second was for the Undisclosed Customer Service Center™™, and now this one. I never really had to interview for jobs before. People asked me to work for them, period.

So I get into the interview and it starts out normal enough. Work experience, educational background. Then they start in with the behavioral interview. Have you heard of this?

It makes sense I suppose but it lends itself to subterfuge. I mean, they ask you to 'Can you give us a situation where you anticipated a problem and the result was favorable'?

Now, how the hell would they know if it is true or not? It's not like they ask you to prove it. "Ya, I guess it would have to be the time I landed on the moon and Neil tripped on his space boots. He could have bounced right out into outer space had I not had the forethought to tether us together before we left the shuttle. That was a close call, I tell you what."

Ok, I will admit, they may have not bought that one, but you get the picture. It's a ridiculous process.

Anyway, they tell me that as soon as they finish the last interview on Friday that they will be choosing the successful applicants. That we will find out by end of day Friday and that person will start on Monday.

At least I won't have to stew too long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

got my fingers crossed!