Tuesday, August 5, 2003

One sec, and I�ll transfer you to H-O-O-K


I got a real winner tonight. Usually not too much fazes me but this guy made my blood boil.

�Welcome to the Undisclosed Customer Service Center� my name is Evel, may I have your name please?�

Right off the bat this guy had attitude.

�Yes (gave me no name) transfer me to tech support.�

After telling him that I had to get his information first he grudgingly told me that his product was OEM. So I told him that either he called his OEM or he would have to pay $35 to talk to someone here, he lost his mind.

�You guys are ripping off the public, selling products that are faulty and then making us pay to get it fixed. So, what you are saying is that you are not going to help me unless I fork over the money, � (this is the part I liked)���.you are useless�.

Me personally? I am useless? I could feel my body move without me conciously doing it. It was like I was magneticaly drawn to the HOOK button. I leaned over and pressed it.

Happy trails, asshole.



And Another thing�.

This lady needed to take a long jump off a short cliff.

�Just transfer me, I�ve been dicked arround since this morning by OEM.� And this is my fault?

I ignore her ignorant outburst and try to get some info from her.

�Why are you asking me all these questions? You are obviously not the person I need to speak to, transfer me.�

Before I could stop it from coming out of me��.�Did you want me to just PICK a number?�

�No.�

�Well then, I will need some more information in order to transfer you to the proper technical support.�


I often wonder if these people are this rude to people on the street. If they are, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to know that they probably get the snot beat out of them on a daily basis.

We have tech support all over the world and I contemplated sending her to a non-English speaking country and see how she liked that. Somewhere where they haven�t figured out that you can actually use vowels in proper names, but I didn�t.

What I did do, is �accidentally� hit HOOK instead of transfer.

Oops, my bad.

No comments: