Saturday, August 16, 2003

Just chillin'.


Enjoying my day off with a coffee.

This is my new toy,
[photo of fancy ass thermos]
bought it the other day and didn't even get to take it home. My mother took it with her to the hospital and left it there.

I bought it on the way to work the other day, and being the big geek that I am, I was totally amazed that it kept the coffee hot all night. I know it's a thermos, but they never keep things hot.

Anyway, I was sitting outside with my new pride and joy and one of the young guys (18) I work with came out and sat down. He picked it up and said, "What is this?"

Before I could stop myself I said, "It's a personal device."

It took him a couple of beats before he realized what I said and turned about 50 shades of red. He carefully sat it back down and said, "Evel, you are a walking HR issue."

We joke all the time about the goofy sexual harassment seminars and how you have to report everything to human resources. Pretty much everything we say or do around there is an HR issue.


The good news is, my mother will be bringing it home tonight so I can fill it up for work tomorrow. We should be getting more fallout from the blaster worm, since it is set to hit tonight at midnight again.

I am trying to keep track of all the crackpots that are calling so I can post them here...but there are so many it is hard to keep up. We get all kinds.

A brief summary of coming attractions:


People who follow the steps and fix the problem, but still want help. With what? I have no idea.

People without internet.

Mac people.

People who think they are getting the virus on satalite tv receivers.

People trying to lie their way into free support. Hey, we know what error messages you should be getting if you have the worm, we have had hundreds of calls all saying the same thing.

People who insist we made the virus. Ya, we created the problem, just so you could call up and shoot your face off. Makes perfect sense.

People who watch CNN.

People who read PC World.

People who are not in front of their computer.

Idiots who actually wait on hold for 2 hours just to scream "I LOVE SAN!" into the phone. Get a life!

And the very next post, I promise, will detail my very first 'Redneck Relay' call. (for those not in the know, a relay call is when you have to use a relay operator for a blind or hearing impaired person and this woman was neither)

No comments: