Thursday, August 1, 2002


Yor mamma brotcha up right.

I had a great day at work today. Not only was "the boss" away, but he was also unreachable. God bless MTT for their crappy cell phone service.

And another plus, I was not alone. Most days I spend completely alone at work, not another living soul will I see all day. With the exception of "the boss" but he doesn't count.

Dave was in the house today working on the "racing bike", and it was nice to have someone to chat with.

I think the whole reason "the boss" hired Dave is because he is a bike mechanic. Considering we are a well drilling/geothermal heat pump operation, I am sure that the fact that he could work on the boss' bike was a plus in his hiring. The boss currently has 4 bikes, in various stages of repair. (One is actually in a few boxes, and you have to look really hard to figure out what exactly is in there.)

Currently we have 5 guys working, and three of them are brothers. Dave, Fraser and Peter, "the Burns Boys". They are the reason for the phrase "Yor mamma brotcha up right". Three brothers who are courteous, polite and would do anything for you.

For example, I was at work one day (out in Butt Fuck Nowhere) and one of the other boys, Harold (not Burns), calls me from the bottom of the hill.

"Just thought I would tell ya that you're getting a flat tire" click. (Asshole!)

So I call Fraser (he was out on a job) to ask if there was a jack out in the van that I could change my tire with, he said he thought there was. Before I even made it to the van, Fraser was coming up the driveway to change my tire.

"Yor mamma brotcha up right".

I have to put Richard (the last guy) into the Burns category too, but he is older and courtesy is expected from your elders.

There are 3 types of men in this situation.....you have a flat.

"Sucks to be you" --Harold

or

"I'll get someone out there for ya" --the Boss (btw he usually sends Fraser)

or

"It'll just take me a second to change it for ya." --any one of the Burns Boys

I hope their mother knows what nice boys she has raised. If she doesn't someone should direct her to this blog because, as a mother myself, I can tell you, there is no better feeling in the world than the pride you feel when someone compliments you on your children.

No comments: