Saturday, June 8, 2002


The sounds of silence.

The Boy went to his fathers this weekend, and the silence is deafening.

I love it. And I am sorry, I do not miss The Boy.

He is never gone long enough for me to miss him. But now, thanks to the fact that his father lives in Butt-Fuck-Nowhere, he can�t call me to �come and get him� like he used to when his father lived in the next town. So when he goes, he has to go for the weekend., or at least overnight. Perhaps if he went for the summer, I would begin to miss him after, say, a week. But when he is gone overnight? I don't think so.

So far I have been absolutely unproductive. I have gone out of the house for smokes only. Oh, and Tim Horton's coffee. (I have my priorities straight).

I do, however, have a date with �the bride� to go with her for her wedding dress fitting. Should be interesting, since �the bride� tells me that the dressmaker is some piece of work. She went to discuss the dress with her once and the woman was on the phone and turned to her and said, �would you mind leaving now?� Not exactly what you would call a social butterfly.

I have no tolerance for rude people and am usually rude accordingly. Probably the reason I don�t want to go to �the bride�s� mothers the night before the wedding. She is rude, mostly to �the bride� and I told her that if she didn�t want a big scene at her mothers, I should probably skip that little excursion.

And it is not that I would attack her mother, it�s more that I know I wouldn�t be able to keep my mouth shut, and probably tell her to �go fuck herself� kindly refrain from insulting �the bride�.

But enough about the bitch mother of �the bride�. I will let you know how the �fitting� went. Should make for some fun commentary.

I know I should be looking for a dress, and shoes etc. But If I am given too many choices, I tend to not make one. If I go with a week left to choose, then I will find something. I am not worried. (check back next week)

I should also be cleaning my house, but there are a lot of things I should be doing that I am not going to do. If you look under procrastinate in the dictionary, you will see a little picture of me. You know all the jokes and one liners, they all pertain to me. When I get the chance to do nothing, that�s what I do.

I know I will be running around like a chicken with my head cut off in a couple of weeks, but don�t all the worlds delicacies taste like chicken?

No comments: