Thursday, March 21, 2002

March 20, 2002

Who exactly IS the boss?

What a fantastic week I am having.....I came back to work on Monday to find my boss had left for Ontario for the week ;-) I thought "this must be the luckiest day of my life".

As the day wore on, however, I came to the realization that my boss had neglected to sign any paychecks, actually he didn't sign anything. Ok....not a problem, his father is authorized to sign checks, I just had to track him down.

Tuesday afternoon I swing by his house, his truck is there....no answer at the door. Hmmmm....I get back to the office and one of the boys says " oh....isn't he in Ontario too?" NO FREAKING WAY! Yes it was true. So, we are left with no paychecks.

But don't cry for us.......with a little creative accounting I will make sure we get paid. This job is nothing if not challenging. Ok....its also stressfull, infuriating, stressfull, exasperating, did I mention stressfull? Which was the whole reason I had to take a vacation in the first place, my doctor said that the reason the side of my face was going numb could be my job stress......ya think?

Oh well we can't all be ice cream tasters at Ben & Jerry's, we have to take what we get. And it's not that bad of a job, even if my boss sometimes bangs his head against the wall when he talks to me...or at me. There are benefits. How many bosses can you call if you have a flat...who will come and change your tire. (or at least send someone to fix it). Everything in life is a trade off. You have to weigh the pros and cons. What's a little face numbing compared to being stranded on the side of the road. I may take a stroke.......but they can lay me out in the back of my car and get me to my funeral on time.

No comments: