Tuesday, July 18, 2006

For God's sake, give it some thought.


My brother-in-law and I went up to visit my sister in hospital the other day. She is doing fine, just pissed that she has to wait so long to have her surgery.

Anyway, as we are driving alone Robie Street there are quite a few people strolling down the center line with cups, looking for change. This pisses me off to no end. In the city there are plenty of jobs for young people that will literally keep them off the street.

Usually I like to roll down my window as we pass and say, 'Get a job', that's just me. We are coming up to this one guy who is facing away from us walking up the center line, shaking his Tim Horton cup. I roll down my window and as I am about to give him some sage advice, he turns.

I was speechless, all I could do is shake my head and roll up my window.


(not the exact guy, and they were nowhere near this nice,but you get the picture)


What the hell was this crayon thinking?

As soon as you put the first needle to your face, you are making a lifelong decision to limit your career opportunities to tattoo artist (and you better have some talent) or sideshow freak. What the hell else are you going to hire this freak to do for you?

6 comments:

Radmila said...

Maybe that's the whole idea.
If I make myself unemployable, I don't have to work....voila!

Anonymous said...

hmmm i just might tie a cape around my neck and leap from cube to cube...bet that would get me a nice vacation and free drugs...

Penrick said...

He probably applies for jobs, doesn't get hired and sues about discrimination.

OneHungMan said...

I don't think most people are capable of giving thought. Sometimes, you have to be careful of what you wish for because you might just get it.

I've found it's almost always a disaster when people think.

Dave Irish said...

hey! another halifax blog. good to find another.

visit me at the snowman blog

great blog here :)

Evel said...

Not quite Halifax, but close.

Welcome, Dave, glad you stopped by.