Sunday, March 12, 2006

I am old. I ain't got time to waste.


I just endured watching two movies that I downloaded off the Oscar list. Capote and Munich.

How were they? Glad you asked. Let's just say that I wasted 4 hours of my life that I will never get back.

Both of these were based on true stories, well sort of.

In the case of Munich I am sure there is no proof that this guy headed up this task force that killed the Palestinians. But who the hell cares, it was a stupid movie. If they were going to make it up, they might have made it a bit more interesting. As it was I was routing for the PLO. I can't spoil it by telling you how it ends because I don't believe it did end. I thought maybe I didn't download the whole thing, but I was wrong. It was just stupid. Or I didn't get it. Either way, I am glad I didn't pay $10 to see it in the theatre.

Just when I thought I couldn't suffer any longer, I queued up Capote. Holy shit, what a yawner. I kept thinking that it would get better, but it never did. The only thing that kept me awake was the grating sound of Philip Seymour Hoffman doing his Capote impression. I am not even sure what the hell the movie was about. Was it about Capote? Cuz it didn't really get into his life, or what he was like. Was it about the murders? Can't say, it didn't really get into the details of that either. All I got out of it was that he was jealous of Harper Lee for writing To Kill a Mockingbird.

I did previously see A History of Violence, I enjoyed it. I thought it was a very interesting story. However, what perplexed me was that William Hurt got nominated for an Oscar for his role. I had to run it again, cuz I didn't remember him even being in it. He was, for about 5 minutes in the end. Just long enough to get shot in the head. What the hell is up with that? Viggo Mortensen was great in this movie, but he got nothing.

I also downloaded Crash, Syriana and Good Night and Goodluck. However, I am so disappointed with my movie experience today that I think I will hold off till next week to watch them.

And another thing...


Anyone else find a black rapping cowboy the least bit disturbing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

terrifying

Anonymous said...

I am too old too.. i'm NOT going to watch ..just cause they gave anything an award. I think the box office receipts speak volumns compared to any reviews & awards.