Sunday, November 10, 2002


Who spends $50 at a thrift sore?

My sister, that's who.

Today I accompanied my sister to a second hand clothing store. I usually avoid this place. Not because the merchandise isn't good, because it is. It's just that there is so much of it, in huge bins that you have to rummage through. Your arms get tired from hoisting tons of material to get to the bottom of endless piles of sweaters and pants. I just get discouraged by the randomness.

This is the way I shop for clothes. I walk into the store, spot a color I like, move towards it, find a size and I am out the door in 5 minutes. I never try anything on. I just don't have the patience for it. And since I am also cheap, if I get it home and don't like it I am not out much money.

So today you can imagine how much fun I was having. (in case you are wondering, that was sarcasm) We were there for 2 hours. I gave up after about 10 minutes of digging through piles, but my sister has to carefully examine every inch of the place.

Through no effort on my part, I left there with $30 worth of stuff, all most all of it stuff that my sister held up and said, "Oh, look at this." So I guess you could call her my personal shopper.

No comments: