Monday, March 5, 2007

Desperate Times.


Trying to get a handle on people I work with accessing my blog from work. I tell them to only access it from home, that the Big Giant Heads can see everything they do at work. But no matter what you tell them, some idiots will still do it. (And if you email me all insulted that I called you an idiot, then you just proved it to me.)

A while ago I was shocked to see (in my stats) the name of the Home Planet as an ISP. At that point I started to remind people from work not to visit the blog from work. Somehow the Big Giant heads were accessing the site. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I don't mention them by name or discuss company secrets. And unless you sat beside me, you probably don't know the company I work for. Although you may think that you do.

It wasn't that the Home Planet was watching that was disturbing. It was the way they arrived at the site. They didn't just go directly, or stumble on it. They did a search for the word nnothrthng, specifically. That means someone who was not that familiar with the blog, but new enough info, gave it to them. I have a couple of suspects.

Petty people who would like nothing better than to get me in some sort of trouble. Most likely the little dick head that was cheating on his wife. "Dude, she flat out asked me if you were taking a piece at work and I told her the truth."

Anyway, that was months ago and it appears his little plan did not work. But since then I have been trying to be proactive and it has been fine but someone is still accessing the site from work.

So, I will be blocking IP addresses from my neck of the woods. And those from the Home Planet of the Big Giant Heads.

So, if you are a Canadian, you may get cut off. If your a Yank from the Home Planet state you may also get cut off. No worries if you are from any other country, you should be fine. But if you are worried, just email me your IP and I will unblock it.

If you try and access the site from home and get an error page, just email me your IP address and I will unblock your IP.

These restrictions will take effect at the end of the week and will be lifted as soon as I can narrow down the series of IP addresses that are associated with my work place.

Sorry if this is a pain in the ass, but I don't know any other way to do this. If you do, drop me a line.

And another thing...


For those of you who don't know your IP address just head over to IP CHICKEN and read it off the screen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooo you are smart! GEEK! i always knew it...deep down...you are a super geek! LOLOL

Anonymous said...

things one must do!

Anonymous said...

And you used to call me a geek! Their taking the fun out of everything!