I am having a bit of an issue with the new floor I laid in the kitchen.
I should have known it would be an issue, its not like the floor is even remotely close to being level. In fact, if you drop a marble in one side of the room, only Ben Johnson could beat it to the other side.
So, this is what is happening, the tiles are starting to shift.
It was not an issue on the other sides of the room, as I was finishing each wall, I was stapling them down at the walls edge and covering them with the quarter round molding, so they weren't going anywhere.
Unfortunately when I got to the last rows (under the cabinets)I was not able to put a staple in them, no way to get the stapler under the toe kicks.
I went out and bought a couple more packages of the floor tile, thinking I would have to tear up the last two rows and do them over. Then my sister says to me, "Just heat them with a hair dryer and it loosens the glue." (I think she is channeling Bob Vila)
Ok, I am going to give that a try. But that still does not help with them shifting over time. I will have to try and figure out how to keep them in place until the glue sets.
As you can see, I found that the hair dryer was not hot enough, it was taking forever. It took me 5 minutes to do one with the hair dryer and 10 to do all the rest with the iron.
And yes, that is duct tape. Red Green would be proud.