I have used up all my excuses for not finishing the living room. I got off to a good start, but then ran into problems.
- I ran out of supplies. - My sister loaned me the money.
- I have no way to get supplies, my car is broke. - Mechanic came to the house and fixed it in the driveway
- Its too hot! It's fucking July, you know! - No its not, it rained all night and is now overcast.
- I don't have time. - I am off for the weekend.
- I am tired, I am hungry, I have a sty in my eye.(Seriously, I look like Quasimodo) - Quit whining and get your ass in gear.
I think the problem is that I set my computer up in another room. If it was sitting in a corner somewhere there would be more of an incentive to get a move on and have its home completed.
It is a double edged sword though. The place where it resides now is not ideal by any stretch of the imagination. Right now it is here, in my bedroom. The same room that I have my work computer set up. It is on a coffee table so I have to slump over to type, and I have bruises all over my left leg from whacking it as I swivel from my work computer.
For the past week or so, this has been my life.
I roll out of bed, turn on my production machine.
Turn in my chair 90 degrees and check my email on my home computer.
Play on that until work starts, then 90 degrees to the right and spend 4 hours taking tech calls.
Have lunch, turn 180 degrees for my afternoon nap.
Back up at 5. Another 4 hours shift.
9PM and I am at my home computer til about midnight, 180 degrees back to bed.
Lather, rinse, repeat.
I leave this room for two reasons, eating and bathroom. You can imagine, it is getting on my nerves.
Its Sunday now, and all that is left is the paint. Should be done by the end of the day.