Wednesday, May 2, 2007

What's in a name?

Do you think if I had a cutsie name, I would have a different personality? Could you take a 'fuck you, asshole' from someone named Bambi seriously?

I mean if I was a Melody or an Candi, would you read my blog and hear a different tone? Could you imagine me really grabbing the cat by the face and throwing him off the deck if my name were Rainbow or Meadow? Hey, I was born in the 60's, it could have happened.

For those of you who don't know my name, what would you imagine it to be? What could you not imagine it being?

Do you think your personality matches your name? Do you know anyone who's name does not match their personality? It happens a little less frequently in men but don't you notice that if a guy has a geeky name he usually turns out to be a geek?

I often wondered, if my mother had named me something more feminine, would I have been more girly? Less abrasive?

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

4 comments:

Camille said...

never thought about it ... i don't have a cutsie name -nor do i have a cutsie personality. it's somewheres in-between.

i have an exotic name - of a sort. it's french, and i am from the caribbean. i guess it fits being as i am more global-minded than most of my immediate neighbours. but i really don't know. i think i have to ask someone else for their opinion.

Unknown said...

Baby. (Nobody puts Baby in the corner.)

Anonymous said...

names.. hummmm... i have 2 girls their names are Mercedes and Porsche.. I remember once while taking a break from skiing, my spouse and i were discussing that Mercedes was a more careful and controlled skier, so he'd ski the afternoon with her. Porsche on the other hand was a speed freak, so I'd ski with her... and someone sitting by us overhearing the conversation commented that the girls were well named... :o)

Evel said...

OR....you predetermined their personality?

Chicken vs Egg