Sunday, February 12, 2006

Things are strange at 4 o'clock in the AM.


"Thank you for calling the Undisclosed Customer Service Center™ my name is blah blah blah..."

Call starts of normal enough. Problem with the server, idle chit-chat while I create the case. Had a little problem with the premier account number, decide to call the technical account manager to staighten it out.

"Matt, I am just going to place you on hold while I straighten this out with your TAM, I won't be a moment."

"Ok, but I am going to place you on hold as well."

"That's fine, if you are not there when I get back I will wait for you."

"Ok, placing you on hold now..."
I can hear him clear his throat.

And this is what I hear...I kid you not! He starts to sing, "Ma Na Ma Na.. doo doo da doo doo, Ma Na Ma Na....doo doo doo dooooo."

I lost it! It was the song from Sesame Street and he was singing it!

"Hey, this is not the Undisclosed Computer Software Company™™, I can't afford hold music!"

We were both laughing so hard we couldn't speak.

The later the hour, the nuttier the IT guy gets.

And how was your day?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! Server guys are MUCH better than wiry developers!

Der Tommissar said...

Sys admins do rule.

Although I thought he was doing the Jeopardy Theme song from the transcription.

SEV said...

Well a sense of humour really does exist when it comes to such jobs.
Thank god.:)

Anonymous said...

I worked overnight customer service for a cellphone company once and had a guy call me CRYING because he couldn't get the games on his cellphone to work. Not crying as in being a whiny little bitch. He was literally crying tears. He was drunk also. As if I needed to tell you that.