Friday, June 28, 2002


No rest for the wicked.

Tuesday
10:00 pm :�the bride� decides that she doesn�t like the color I am wearing in the wedding. The wedding is on Saturday.

So I have to get a new dress made. Luckily the dressmaker said it was no problem.

Wednesday
10:00 am : I go in and pick up material (black tuxedo satin) and a zipper.

5:15 pm : Dressmaker calls, can I be there in 15 min?

5:30 pm: I have a fitting.

Thursday
Morning: Dress is finished, �the bride� picks it up. How�s that for service?

4:03 pm: I fly over to �the brides� to pick up my dress, and it�s not there and neither is �the bride�. I call her on her cell phone:

�Where is my dress?�

�Out at Mom�s�
(is her mother wearing the dress now?)

�Why?�

�Cuz that�s where we are getting dressed.�

�I haven�t tried it on yet.�
(I wanted to make sure it was right, after all I only had one fitting, and that was with the shell only, if anything was wrong with it, I would hate to find that out 10 minutes before we have to leave for the church.)

�Marie said it was done?�

�Yes, but I have not tried it on yet. Do you want to be surprised right before the wedding? Cuz I don�t�

Long story short�.I have to retrieve the dress from her mothers. It is now ...

5:30pm : I am tired and cranky, I want to go home. But that would be too easy. I walk in the door at home and my son is waiting,

�I have baseball at 6.�

�Good Fucking Grief! You go ahead�.I will catch up with you.�

I put some grub in the microwave and drive my mother (the babysitter) home while its cooking.

6:30 pm: Return home and wolf down frozen dinner. �The bride� calls:

�Can I come and pick up the money for the dress?�

�Sure I will be home�


6:35 pm : Run to bank and get cash.

6:45 pm: �the bride� shows up and so does the girl who does the dishes. Shoot the shit with both.

7:00 pm : �the bride� leaves.

7:30 pm: I realize I still have to make cherry balls and dip cherry balls and peanut butter balls in chocolate.

7:31 pm: Realize I have no chocolate.

7:45 pm: Race up to ball field to try and catch up with son. He is gone. Race back home, pick him up (he took a shortcut through the woods) and head off to get chocolate. The local store doesn�t stock it. Have to go with chocolate chips.

8:55 pm : I am finally home. Check email, my son comes in holding a bleach bottle. I forgot he wanted his hair bleached.

9:55 pm : Put him off as long as I could, start bleach job��..after much bitching and whining it is done.

11:00 pm : Start trying to cover PB balls with chocolate. Sweet Jesus! It is just not working. Have to give up. The chocolate is just not melting enough.

11:30 pm : Realize I have not printed the bulletins for the wedding yet. �the bride� IM�s me, she is going to bed. (that�s nice�.rub it in why don�t ya)

Friday
12:00 am : sit down to print bulletins and blog. You know, writing this shit down helps me to let go of the stress. Even though I have just wasted probably 5 minutes of your time with all this boring dribble, I feel better. I know you don't........but frankly my dear, I don't give a shit. You can get back at me by writting 10 pages on your own blog about the hang nail you had in the 6th grade that got infected. I promise to read every word as penance, as soon as this wedding is over.

Good night diary!

No comments: