Sunday, June 30, 2002


IT'S OVER

Finally get home, after the wedding. And I can't feel my feet.

When I dropped the newlyweds off at the hotel, they were worried about the grooms family finding the hotel the next day for brunch, and if they had packed something to wear, I told them if they needed anything to call.

I am trying to get two wound up pre-teens to bed at 1:30am and the phone rings. It's "the bride" "the newlywed".

"I need Rolaids and Tylenol "

"Is this a joke? You do realize that you are across the parking lot from a convenience store?"

I am not kidding, she really expected me to drive back over there with Rolaids.

"You want me to leave the children to go over there, when you can spit on the store from where you sit?"

Needless to say, I did not go.

The wedding is over......go in peace.

No comments: