Wednesday, June 4, 2008

If they can hear a smile in your voice, how does my eyes rolling into the back of my head sound?

Forget it, I don't care.

"Thank you for calling the Undisclosed Internet Service Provider™ my name is blah blah blah..."

After trying to explain to the customer that if she turns off the modem, router and computer every night, she has to power up in a certain order or it won't work, I just have to put it out there, "You know you don't have to shut down the modem and router, the computer is plenty."

"Well, I am just trying to do my part for global warming."


Ya, instead she has two modems, two routers, 8 computers (one for every room in a house she lives alone in) and a dozen other peripherals. But hey, she turns them off at night.

Way to go, Ed Begley.

I wonder how much she is really doing to reduce her carbon footprint. I felt like asking her, but if she is like most people, that is probably it.

The only thing she is really doing to save the planet is the thing that contributes most to my irritation level on any given day.

"...home computers account for only a tiny fraction of your total household energy use...your computer likely isn't the biggest energy-waster in your home."

Mr. Electricity says it can cost up to $1.19 or as little as a penny per day to run your computer, depending on your usage and whether you put it in sleep/turn off when your not using it or whether you leave it on all the time.

If you promise to stop calling me to remind you of the order you must power this shit up, I will send you a buck-twenty every single, fucking day of your stupid computers miserable, fuckin' life.

You can come pick it up in your gas guzzling SUV. I know you have one, you ain't got to lie!

No comments: